“Winter skin” is commonly used to describe the skin flare-ups that December’s colder air tends to bring with it: whether it be breakouts, eczema, age spots, or dry patches, the last thing you’d want this holiday season is to be grappling with your skin— especially after dialing in your skin care during the Fall!
Today we’ll be walking you through the winter skin care tips that will keep your skin glowing all December long… whether that be on your own at home or with the help of Facial Expressions Skin Therapy!
Winter Skin Care Tips That You Can Implement From Home Starting Today
No one wants to deal with the rodeo that is winter skin on top of maskne, right? Right! That’s exactly why we’ve compiled the strategies below that you can start integrating into your day-to-day ASAP.
- Invest in a Humidifier: Guilty of cranking the temperature in your bedroom to get yourself through those chilly December nights? You’re not alone, which is exactly why a humidifier is the perfect investment if you’re looking to keep dryness at bay. New York City dermatologist Paul Jarrod Frank puts it best in his interview with Allure concerning how humidifiers benefit the skin— “A humidifier allows us to control the environment, which is a great way to control the skin […] Skin is our largest organ, and heat is naturally very drying, so it’s important to keep air hydrated.”
- Skip Those Steamy Showers: Think a long, hot shower is the way to clear your pores and give your skin the deep-clean it deserves? Think again. Hot showers can strip your skin of its natural oils and, in turn, result in breakouts due to your skin over-producing oil to compensate. Limit your shower time to 5-10 minutes instead (and keep that temperature dial set to “medium”!)
- Switch to Cream or Oil-Based Cleansers: Keep your skin hydrated and nourished with gentle, fragrance-free cream or oil-based cleansers that fight against general skin irritation. Facial Expressions’s pick? The Environ Skin EssentiA Dual Action Pre-Cleansing Oil. This mild pre-cleanser bolsters your cleansing regimen by eliminating excess sebum, impurities, and makeup… all without leaving behind an oily residue.
- Keep it Classic— Stay Hydrated: Every winter skin care tips compilation hails staying hydrated, and I can’t disagree. Reduce puffiness, keep skin hydrated, and maintain your pH balance by aiming for 2.7 litres (that’s roughly 11 cups!) of water per day.
- Seek Out Serums Rich in Vitamins A, C, and E: Since winter oftentimes sees an uptick in colds and flus, supplementing both your skin and your body with vitamins A, C, and E, as well as D will work to bolster your complexion and your overall health. Environ Skincare echoes the importance of replenishing your Vitamin A levels in particular to keep your skin resilient all winter long.
How Facial Expressions Can Take Your Winter Skin Care to the Next Level
While Facial Expressions’ physical location will be closed from December 24th – January 6th for our annual winter break, in the meantime we are here both virtually and in-person to ensure that your winter skin care is fully realized (and that you get beautiful skin out of it!)
How can we help?
- Book a Winter-Oriented Skin Consult With Us Today: Available both in-person and online for your convenience, discover the root of your skin concerns with Facial Expressions’ comprehensive evaluation of your skin.
- Enjoy a Signature Bespoke Facial: The embodiment of the customized experience Facial Expressions is known for, each Signature Facial is 100% bespoke; that means it’s tailored to your specific skin concerns, skin needs, and current stage of your skin transformation journey. Whether it be aging gracefully, combating acne, calming pigmentation, or anything in between, my high-performance technology, formulas, and expertise come together to create a skin transformation experience that is wholly your own.
- Pro tip: Pair your consult with a follow-up Signature Bespoke Facial to get the most in-depth results available.
- Leaf Through Facial Expressions’ Series of Winter Skin-Related Blogs: Looking for more free winter skin care tips? Look no further than Facial Expressions’ reservoir of winter skin-related blogs, ranging all the way from general body care during the winter months to why hydration is your skin’s holy grail throughout December.
Happy Holidays, Vancouver!
The best gift this holiday season has been your consistent support and sense of community.
Have any further questions or comments regarding your winter skin care this December? Reach out today!